[plug] DebNewbie Q?

sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Nov 6 18:22:20 WST 2001

Looks like the same problem. Here's the log:

sol at debian:~$ su -
Password:
debian:~# su - postgres
postgres at debian:~$ createuser -P sol
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
ERROR:mdopen: couldn't open /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_shadow: Permission
denied

(Is the above what you meant by capturing the command?) Permissions for
this file are set to 600. This is all very strange.
Sol