[plug] DualHead/Multihead/TwinView whatever !!!

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Tue Nov 6 23:05:47 WST 2001

Yeah I have read the framebuffer HOWTO and trawled the web but couldn't find
a direct comparison between the two cards especially related to Linux. It
also appears that Matrox don't use xinwerama but rather have there own
software for handling DualHead. Matrox have always had good driver support
and have spent a lot f money on there DualHead Technology.

The GeForce 2 MX is only $220 for twinview. Given that a single GeForce is
going to set you over $100 and anything under that price range is getting
pretty dated/is crap the twinview is pretty good value. The 550 is going to
set you back about $350 at today's prices.

Michael Hunt