[plug] Traffic Monitoring

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 8 11:25:40 WST 2001

Check out darkstat for a different approach (no snmp), it is a simple
use of the pcap library and doesnt take much setting up.  Output is
simple graphs and tables (including packet totals to host:ports) in html
format presented on a default webserver port of 666.  I fed this port
through an encrypted (ipchains block on 666 to the ext iface) tunnel so
I could monitor from work.

BillK