[plug] server time

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 9 16:57:49 WST 2001

rdate time.apple.com or rdate ntp.adelaide.edu.au and make sure
'ls -altF /etc/localtime'
produces something like :-
/etc/localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/GMT+8
But it would be better to set up ntp to occasionally correct the time for
you, or if it's for a group of servers,set the net accessable server to
act as an NTP server as well, and have everything else correct off that
one.

Regards,

Craig Foster