[plug] Uni Course - UWA or Curtin?

R.Barnes wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Sat Nov 17 13:15:07 WST 2001

The situation is similar at Murdoch. I'm not saying that there aren't
any, but none of the labs I've seen so far are even duel boot. All NT.
The only exposure to Linux up to the end of second year (BSc CS) is in
the data comms unit (booted from an LS120 disk in the labs) and the
Internet computing unit (where server side development is done on a Red
hat server via telnet\ssh). From what I have been able to discover about
third year units offered, there are a number that deal with network and
concurrent programming and advanced Internet programming that seem to
deal primarily with Linux\Unix (supposedly through telnet\ssh from an NT
box). We shall see.