[plug] Uni Course - UWA or Curtin?

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Fri Nov 16 10:25:16 WST 2001

Hi All

I'll throw my 2c worth in.  I know this is outside the initial topic of
UWA-v-Curtin BUT......

ECU has a very good Software Engineering degree.  I haven't done one
myself, but several friends have....and they are all praises (and all
have good jobs).

The drawback is that Linux still isn't readily accepted.  Development is
done with Oracle and Windows.  Very, very sad.

I think that LeonB's point is well made though.  If you intend to go to
Uni to get a degree to get a job, consider ECU if you want to become an
Analyst/Programmer with big business.  Look elsewhere if you want to:
1) Get a job elsewhere in the computing fields
2) Want to go on and do further research.

I generally don't bag my own Uni, but true computing research (not
business oriented) is better done somewhere else.

All this is IMHO.

Cheers

Darrell

--