[plug] Uni Course - UWA or Curtin?

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.ii.net
Sat Nov 17 16:27:15 WST 2001

> So far we haven't done any Prolog or VB\VBA at Murdoch yet, and to be
> perfectly honest I have never heard of Haskell.

And you wont either. VB is a joke of a langauge and completely not
necessary.

> We do use C++ and the
> STL in our data structures unit though,

We only use C++ in one unit and thats it. Which IMHO is sad as it is so
much a better programming langauge than Java <flame proof retardent at the
ready>.

> and C\Java are the main
> languages running through most units.

Wrong, Java is the only language it really wants to teach. There is one
first year unit with C (b106) and thats really it.

> Murdoch also uses a number of the
> scripting languages you mentioned, and a 'by the way' look at XML, in
> the 2nd year Internet unit.

Javascript, and Perl is about it. Depending on your stream.

Cheers
batesy