[plug] Java | strings vs char[] | PERL

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Nov 20 10:04:25 WST 2001

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 09:57, Greg Mildenhall wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> He's probably using strings instead of character arrays, so not comparing
>> apples with apples.

> I thought you were too much of a perl-fiend to even consider that strings
> might be manipulated in C++ or Java? Or do I misremember?

You do. (-:

My PERL is fairly rudimentary, just ask Matt. In the course of work I use a
lot of C, BASH and PHP, all of which are either light on for or missing
object orientation.

I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more PERL. It can be fun to speak in scribble
fluently. (-:

I picked up enough Python to get by on in about 4 hours, and am considering
becoming a Ruby programmer in the name of staying ahead of the fashion.

Cheers; Leon