[plug] Incoming Telnet Priority

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Nov 23 16:00:49 WST 2001

I must say, /usr/bin/telnet is wonderful. IDing servers, manual deletion
of POP3 mail when an idiot sends a 20mb attatchment (no longer a problem
for me but used to be), etc etc. I WILL NEVER USE IT TO ACCESS ANOTHER
MACHINE OVER THE INTERNET - EVER. Acceptable for admin of switches, etc,
on the same LAN segment, though.

Ssh is great, and vastly superior. But it is DIFFERENT as well. SSH is
not the cure-all for everything telnet can be used for, only its
original intended purpose.