[plug] realplayer and via onboard audio

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 24 17:04:24 WST 2001

One side point about the abit raid boards is that the raid support is
not easily done in Manddrake.  The Mandrake people are positively
dismissive of it, and wont attempt to integrate the controller chips,
saying go for full software ide raid.  However, with a fast disk these
boards really fly anyway.  I have given up for now as a usable system is
more important that experimenting att.

When I do, I may move back to RedHat who are sponsoring some
developement for the highpoint and promise chips as Mandrake 8.1 is a
bit too bleedin edge in some areas!

BillK