[plug] any squidGuard experts ...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 26 22:44:41 WST 2001

I have setup squidGuard, primarily to trap banner adds.  I have used
squirm successfully for this in the past, but as squidGuard comes with
Mandrake decided to give it a whirl..

My current problem is that it appears to be trapping based on IP numbers
only, not expressions set up in "redirect/expressions".  DNS looks ok,
so maybe the problem is something to with the regex matches?  Even
adding "^.*$" doesnt work.  The killer is that it was working up until
the 24th November (well for the 2 days before that when I started it
up!).  Not sure of the timeing, but I did add some blacklist diffs for
the porn category about the 24th which also looks to be working for IP's
only.  Logs and debug dont show anything out of the ordinary - shows
that it is parsing the expression file when I update the db files, but
doesnt create a db file for expressions like it does for URL's and
domains.

Any suggestions?

BillK