[plug] Using those Extra Keys under X.

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Nov 27 10:58:51 WST 2001

> I've recently changed my keyboard, and the new one (a Dell Workstation one)
> has some extra keys - you know, for Mail, Home, etc... It'd be nice to
> actually make use of these under X (and specifically, under KDE 2.2.2).
Ditto, though I've got an MS one (why don't they just go into hardware
and stay there... we can only wish).

I have the sinking feeling that you'd need to create a keymap for X -
don't know where to start there. The "microsoft" keymap only handles the
winkeys and menu key.

I've been meaning to look into creating a keymap to replace the
"microsoft" one. I think thats whats needed (?).