[plug] mgetty problems

John breen locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Wed Nov 28 10:12:55 WST 2001

hi guys

I have a debian potato here with a 2.2.18 kernel on it (problems with
isdn on 2.2.19), and I'm trying to get mgetty to work so I can dial in.

Everything LOOKS right, but when I dial the inbound modem, I get a
message in /var/log/messages that says

LCP: timed out waiting sending Config-Requests

and the thing disconnects.

so, what I have is in /etc/inittab a line saying

---
S2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -x0 -s -D 57600 ttyS2
---

/etc/ppp-options is as per the attached text-file

/etc/ppp-options is set up correctly

and /etc/mgetty/login.conf has the line

---
/AutoPPP/     -     a_ppp     /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login debug

everything, so far as i can see looks correct.  But, I get these
problems when I test the dialup.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

john Breen