[plug] PostgreSQL and PHP

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Thu Nov 29 00:25:26 WST 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:44:17PM +0800, Arkem wrote:
> I'm actually running unstable debian and will be developing on it but
> the server it will eventually run on will be running woody (assuming
> that it is released in time). I'm also talking about php3 (I've no
> experience with php4) and I'm wanting to use the php plugin for
> apache and would like to be able to access a PostgreSQL database
> through that. Any ideas?

It seems that the php3-pgsql package under sid & woody, although
described as being for the cgi version, do not depend on it, unlike
the php3-cgi-pgsql package which has an explicit dependency on
php3-cgi. Have you given it a try using php3-pgsql? It may just be a
mistake in the description (so it seems).

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham.com.au