[plug] Freesco Dialip Problem

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Mon Nov 5 04:43:58 WST 2001

craig at postnewspapers.com.au [mailto:craig at postnewspapers.com.au] wrote:

> using an external Dynalink V1456VQE Modem, after Upgrading it to V90, I
noticed that freesco was connecting to the phoneline, but not dialing the
numbers,

*ick* freesco *ick* *blech*
Sorry I have to admin an OpenServer 505 box here at work and I _hate_
it. If ABI/IBCS ran the binaries, I'd switch in a moment. Unfortunately,
its the only modern (*ahem*) OS that supports Microsoft XENIX binaries
properly. ABI/IBCS claims to but won't execute - "couldn't execute
binary".

<<-- RANT WARNING ON -->>

Don't knock the freesco !!!!! The only thing better is a smoothwall and you
only use that because you have got a more modern machine !!!!

FreeSCO is not a "free" version of SCO unix rather it is a single floppy
linux distro that allows you to turn an old PC into a "free" ci"SCO" router.

Check out the webpage at http://www.freesco.org

<<-- RANT WARNING OFF -->>

Michael Hunt