[plug] RE: Laptop problems

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Mon Oct 1 01:09:23 WST 2001

> im not sure about linux but win95 wont play mp3s even on a 66mhz - so you
> might have a bit of trouble there

well... I just want to see what can happen with this thing

> however linux with nto much loaded *may* be able to handle it but im not
sure

I tried to put debian on it last night but it would not boot past the
second disk (1 being rescue disk, 2 being root disk). I can get DOS
working but only a very vanilla version with the wrong FS to reformat.

> As for IO errors check the hardware config and your disks and the fdd
could
> be faulty - try a few different disks

sometimes it will read... sometimes it won't.... it seems a bit dodgy.

> 20mb ram on a 25mhz processor - thats alright

not bad for free :o)