[plug] Rescue my RH7.1 from Win2k

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 1 17:11:25 WST 2001

Boot in rescue mode with the RH7.1CD1

Run 'mount' to see where the ext2 partition is mounted
then:-
"
rm -f /boot
ln -s /path.to.ext2.partition/boot /boot
ln -s /path.to.ext2.partition/etc/lilo.conf /etc/lilo.conf
lilo
"
tadaa!!

Just make sure you get the path to your old partition right!!! And make
sure lilo doesn't come up with any errors before rebooting, as that could
be BAD!!!

Regards,

Craig