[plug] ia64 linux = P4? & general Q re speed and if anyone has tried it

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Oct 5 15:54:33 WST 2001

As far as I've read, the current Intel processors are CISC based.  But I
read somewhere a while back that the SECC PIIs were a CISC shell surrounding
a RISC engine internally?  I don't know whether that applies to the SECC
PIIIs as well or even the FC-PGA PIIIs or the P4 for that matter.. But what
that means when its at home is beyond me... :P

/ Ben