[plug] Samba problems

Joel Fraser joel231 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 20:56:19 WST 2001

I am having problems with samba, when my system boots up (Redhat 7.0) it
says Samba has started, but when i issue these commands:

[root at dirtypenguin /]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb status
smbd is stopped
nmbd is stopped
[root at dirtypenguin /]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start
Starting SMB services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NMB services:                                     [  OK  ]
[root at dirtypenguin /]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb status
smbd is stopped
nmbd is stopped

so as soon as smb starts it stops does anyone know what the problem is??

Cheers Joel Fraser

=====

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!