[plug] Samba 2.2.1a & Windows XP Domains

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 10 09:54:13 WST 2001

Just in case anyone is wondering, the procedure for Win 2000 & Samba
2.2.1a work with Windows XP as well.

However, to get around the additional WinXP security during logon /login
you need to disable certificate & strong logons
(This brings it back to Win2000 Levels)

***usual warning about registry editing here***

I know the lines are wrapped, but if you're gonna be stuffing around with
this kinda stuff, you should know what registry entries should look  like
:-)

========================== BEGIN SME&XP.reg ===============
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

Tadaaa!

I have not tested this with any of the 2.2.2cvs or WinBind, and there is
still no support for DOMAIN/Power User within a Samba PDC domain :(

Regards,

Craig Foster
FostWare Enterprises
linux at ii.net