[plug] Mandrake-8 ("M" ??) install

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Oct 10 20:02:54 WST 2001

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 09:00, wayne wrote:
> After easily loading Mandrake 7.0 and using it for some time I was eager to
> work with Mandrake 8.0.

Post-7.2, Mandrake made giant strides towards the LSB. This upset a lot of
things, and consequently upgrading across this boundary is difficult and I
recommend a reinstall. Back up all of your user data (docs and settings)
first.

Actually, I recommend that you install Mandrake 8.1, not just because it has
the latest and greatest fixes (e.g. noticeably better Mozilla and Konqueror),
but because I've lost count of the number of games in it. (-:

Also, install KDE even if you never use it directly, because you can use the
KDE games (kjezzball etc) in Gnome if you have the KDE libraries installed.

Cheers; Leon