[plug] ReiserFS (was Mandrake-8)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Oct 10 21:04:38 WST 2001

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 20:49, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> I avoided ext3 as it seems too much like a patch to something that had
> proved itself obsolete by newer designs like reiser is, not for any real
> perceived advantage.

Ext3 fixed the one obvious lack in ext2, and did it in a minimalist way and
got some performance bonuses en passant. I appreciate that. ReiserFS is
trying too hard - but it may well succeed anyway.

> There's also jfs which some are touting as the *answer*

Still a bit shakey on its feet, give it a month or two. Now that it ships in
Mandrake they'll be getting copious new bug reports, which will round off the
rough bits faster.