[plug] Forums

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Oct 11 11:30:18 WST 2001

>As far as I can see, having multiple forums is a way of keeping
>"irrelevant" or irreverent stuff off the PLUG "help! line" .... I
>haven't followed the setting up of the forums, but surely if there is a
>problem, it is better to have a rational discussion about it??

Personally  have no problem with some off-topic traffic. After all the
mailing list has a pretty general subject anyway, yes? Read first few
lines... block thread or just ignore it.

The current discussion in no way prevents somebody from asking for help,
or getting a response.

That said, if some perfer to use an alternate forum for discussion, I've
got no problem with that. However I won't be monitoring anything but
[plug] so I for one won't be on any use to somebody asking for help on
the webforum. And is there anything to stop the forum having the same
content as the mailinglist re "offtopic" posts, etc??

I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Craig Ringer