[plug] Building new box.

Aaron W icemaster at freeze.com
Sat Oct 13 01:48:44 WST 2001

Hey Guys

While we're still on the topic of computer hardware I would like to ask you for some help. About a week ago I purchased an AMD Duron 950 with a Coolermaster heatsink and fan, an Aopen AK33 Mainboard and an ATX Case from Trinix Computers to upgrade my P200 Machine. The other hardware I used in it were a Palit Daytona Geforce2MX400, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, 20GB Seagate HDD, 44X Aopen Cdrom, Sony Floppy, and a Netgear FA311 Network Card. All the other hardware worked fine in a previous machine, The problem is It cant go for 5 seconds without crashing in Both win98  and WinMe(Registry errors, protection faults, invalid page faults and some more). I have flashed the Bios and Loaded all the correct drivers for all the hardware that need it.
The CPU Clock is set to auto and it is running just below body temp. Could this be somthing wrong with the Mainboard or CPU ???
any help would really be apprecitated
 (I need to play quake 3 !!!)

Thanks

Aaron Wooten