[plug] Building new box.

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 13 02:43:20 WST 2001

Did you 'build' it with static measures in mind ?

ie. Wrist strap through 100K resistor to grtound etc etc

CHecked your ram - buggest source of p[roblem there !

Stability of those cheap taiwanese power supplies ? !

<sigh>

rgds

mike

At 05:48 PM 12/10/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Hey Guys
>
>While we're still on the topic of computer hardware I would like to ask
you for some help. About a week ago I purchased an AMD Duron 950 with a
Coolermaster heatsink and fan, an Aopen AK33 Mainboard and an ATX Case from
Trinix Computers to upgrade my P200 Machine. The other hardware I used in
it were a Palit Daytona Geforce2MX400, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, 20GB Seagate HDD,
44X Aopen Cdrom, Sony Floppy, and a Netgear FA311 Network Card. All the
other hardware worked fine in a previous machine, The problem is It cant go
for 5 seconds without crashing in Both win98  and WinMe(Registry errors,
protection faults, invalid page faults and some more). I have flashed the
Bios and Loaded all the correct drivers for all the hardware that need it.
>The CPU Clock is set to auto and it is running just below body temp. Could
this be somthing wrong with the Mainboard or CPU ???

as 4.5 cents/minute? Check out http://savings.freeze.com/longdistance/ !