[plug] dead network

connell connellp at wantree.com.au
Sun Oct 14 00:02:20 WST 2001

     Now here is a thing strange.  When I booted into my 2.4.2 kernel,
Kudzu popped up and said the network card had been installed and did I
want to carry over the configuration data.  Not only that, but I can
ping the other machines on my net and do an smbmount into a windows
machine.  But when I go back and boot into any of my 2.2.19 kernels,
Kudzu pops up and says the network card has been removed and do I want
to remove the config data.  Needless to say, I haven't touched the card
at all.
     For some reason, the 2.2.19 kernels won't recognise that there is a
network card installed.  So much for the obvious.  The two big questions
are Why? and How do I get the 2.2.19 kernels to accept that there is a
network card installed?  Any takers?