[plug] Hardware: RAM questions

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 15 14:31:38 WST 2001

At 11:49 AM 15/10/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>NO! Every clock cycle the charge for each bit needs to be refreshed. If
>the RAM is designed to be refreshed at 133Mhz then refreshing it at 100Mhz
>is no optimal.

Wrong.

Since when does ram need refreshng each clock cycle !

RAM speed has a lot to do with buffer capacity for driving load,
whether resistive or capacitive and the cell size, if the cell
is far smaller then it will hold less charge - I doubt there
is a significant diff in cell size from 100Mhz to 133 MHz.

rgds

Mike