[plug] Hardware: RAM questions

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Mon Oct 15 11:36:49 WST 2001

Burnt Damper wrote:
<snip>
3) Is there any disadvantage of going overboard with memory? I am
contemplating putting 2Gb in the machine (I am going to order it from the US
and so far it looks like a 512Mb stick here (cost price + 5%) could buy you
over 1.5Gb of exactly the same RAM there (full retail) - same manufacturer
and all...). -

Could you give us (i.e. the list) further details on this as I find it
rather hard to believe that a price diffeence could be so great given the
strength of the Aussie dollar and the shipping charges involved. (A URL to
the site you are purchasing fromwould be handy).

Michael Hunt