[plug] Debian newbie question re:permissions

sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Oct 16 11:24:20 WST 2001

Thanks for the super prompt reply.
I probably should have mentioned that I have already edited /etc/group
(sorry!) to no effect. Of course I'm new at this and could have got it
wrong. I just added my user to the groups I wanted to access directly.
For example:
dialout:x:20:sol
Is this correct? I'm still getting the same permission denied message.
Should I be using chgrp or setuid?

Ta very much,

Sol