[plug] MDK 8.1 Install Blues...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 16 21:14:12 WST 2001

I am having similar probs with devfs.  It seems that once the device is
recognised, all runs fine, but ...

For the LS120, I put a disk in before booting up and it is fine.  I also
had a problem with the floppy, but am doing a reinstall for other
reasons (reconfiguring disks) so dont know yet if it will fix that.

Do try "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy" (presuming a dos disk) to
force it and see what happens - once that worked, the normal mount did.

Note that devfs makes the /dev entries on demand, but I dont think its
is ready for prime time yet ...

BillK