[plug] Staroffice 5.2 and Palm integration

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Oct 18 15:18:16 WST 2001

G'day all
Someone asked me a while ago about how I got this to work.
So... I have just done a clean install of SO5.2 to re-check my instructions.

When you run the install, do a custom install and select the palm integration
as part of Staroffice Schedule 5.2. I have not been able to get this to work on
anything other than a clean install.

I'm using Openoffice for everything else, so I have de-selected all but the
starschedule module. Let the install complete..

You will need to load the office52/share/palmpilot/starsync.prc into your
pilot. I do it with coldsync.

Run up soffice and jump into the scheduler (Events Icon)

In the tools menu there is a PalmPilot Hotsync Configuration Option (Duh)
Set your port (Mine is /dev/ttyS0) I left it at the standard baud rate(9600)
and click the Place port in synchronization readiness box. Click ok and hit the
hotsync button on your palm..
Voila.

Every time you have the event window open, it will listen for your palm.
Just hit the hotsync button and your away..

Wish Openoffice had this...

--
Brad....
                   /"\