[plug] For anyone following that RAM speed debate...

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 19 17:32:48 WST 2001

Burnt Damper wrote:

>    1. The SPD setting in the EEPROM being supported by motherboard/CPU
>       combination.

Strictly, I'd say "motherboard not being brain-dead and requiring exact
spec modules not over-spec"

BTW how do you reprogram those EEPROM modules? I've got read only access
via lm_sensors, but haven't the faintest how to flash them. I have a
128m chip with fuqd eeprom contents you see. I know its pc100 but the
board I want to use it in won't let me override the SPID and tell it
what speed the RAM is so its spitting the dummy with "bad memory module".