[plug] Konqueror crashes on startup?

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 22 16:42:10 WST 2001

Hello, Christian!

I, too, am interested in your problem because I experienced the same problem
("lockup") when I accidentally booted KDE instead of Gnome and used
Konquerer for the first time.  At the time my screen appeared "frozen" - (I
thought this only happened in Windows!) - but it appears to be only the
mouse because I could use the keyboard and menus to start a process monitor
and found only one process running in the background - with all other
process in "sleep" mode.  <However they looked "stoned" to me - I've never
seen that before.>  Anyway once I "unlocked" the system killing that process
I activated Gnome again and vowed not to use KDE again (or at least not for
a long time.)  I am using Mandrake 8.0.

Regards,
wayne.