[plug] Konqueror crashes on startup?

Russell Keith-Magee Russell.Magee at calytrix.com
Mon Oct 22 16:20:19 WST 2001

> So I've booted into KDE and everything looks great, however, when I
> click on the icons for the file manager/Konqueror it starts to load and
> then just stops with no error messages or anything.  If I just type
> "konqueror" from a terminal it does nothing and if I type "kfmclient
> openProfile webbrowsing" (apparently the command the icons are using to
> execute the browser) then it starts to load and just exits without
> providing any errors or messages at all.

This is a long shot, but a similar thing happened to me when I installed the
SGI OpenGL GLU 1.3 libraries. I have no idea why there was a conflict (I
can't imagine why the KDE core has a strong binding to GLU), nor could I
resolve it (other than by uninstalling the GLU libraries). Note that these
are not the default Mesa GLU libraries - they are the SGI reference
implementation.

Russ %-)

Russell Keith-Magee
Software Engineer
Calytrix Technologies
Unit 9, EIR Building, Technology Park
PO Box 1173, BENTLEY 6982, Western Australia