[plug] Debian Newbie

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Oct 23 10:46:35 WST 2001

>APT. Dselect is, IMHO, a little clunky to use. Others disagree with me, and
>thats fine, its all a question of choice. Read "man apt-get" and
>"man apt-cache". Of course, I am assuming this is available on Progency...
>
>  James

One wee problem - apt-get install WTF-is-it-called-again
dselect at least allows you to browse available packages, search, etc.
Not, admittedly, search the descriptions (*ARRGGH*) but its better than
nothing. Especially for sid, where things are changing daily....
So I too seek a way to nuke dselect back to current installed pkg
selection (ie deselect all marked for install but not installed).
Ideas?