[plug] Some interesting items .... (slightly off topic)

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 23 10:54:49 WST 2001

Cynycism aside, reading would help...

I did not say KAV for Linux... The KAV repair disk for Windows, DOS, and
Linux products all use a Linux Boot Floppy with a linux kav executable and
multi-platform signnatures for cleaning those hard to reach places... And
yes that includes W32, EXE, COM, and SCR virii.
Besides, *all* the AV pimps roll out the heuristics line - I wouldn't
trust the advertising as far as I can move the disk it came on via
telekinesis.
Maybe with the KAV people smarting over being dumped by their main Aussie
disty, and a new group of distributors now in place, maybe we could talk
to them about licensing KAV to put on a NTFS, FAT32, EXT2 repair floppy?
Maybe a 30-day version eval, with links to the disty channel
<insert more ramble here>

Regards,

Craig Foster