[plug] Some interesting items .... (slightly off topic)

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Oct 23 14:02:06 WST 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 12:46:08PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> Please clarify; does the above mean that Linux is virus-free? I understood
> that Linux is subject to both viruses and worms, but, that, given the
> world-dominance of MS operating systems and applications, most viruses and
> worms target MS products, and viruses and worms for Linux are few and far
> between, but do still exist and are created from time to time.
> I understand that no computer environment that has either Internet or any
> other network connection, or that has removable storage media interfaces,
> such as floppy disk drives of CD-ROM drives, etc, is either virus-free or
> worm-free.
> As a person acknowledged as knowledgeable in computer security, Christian,
> can you please clarify your sentence above, regarding "the virus free
> environment"?

I've already answered this so please search the archive.  It was in
regards to a post by skribe about some guy offering a reward if someone
could infect his Linux machine with a virus.  If that post doesn't
properly answer your question let me know how and I'll elaborate.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C