[plug] Some interesting items .... (slightly off topic)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Oct 23 12:46:08 WST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Christian wrote:

> On the Linux front though, doesn't this rate as a business opportunity?
> Distribute Linux boot/root disks that boot up, scan/remove viruses and
> then offer further information on converting to the virus-free
> environment they are currently using full-time and for very minimal cost.

Please clarify; does the above mean that Linux is virus-free? I understood
that Linux is subject to both viruses and worms, but, that, given the
world-dominance of MS operating systems and applications, most viruses and
worms target MS products, and viruses and worms for Linux are few and far
between, but do still exist and are created from time to time.

I understand that no computer environment that has either Internet or any
other network connection, or that has removable storage media interfaces,
such as floppy disk drives of CD-ROM drives, etc, is either virus-free or
worm-free.

As a person acknowledged as knowledgeable in computer security, Christian,
can you please clarify your sentence above, regarding "the virus free
environment"?

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby