[plug] Linux Gaming Question

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:15:31 WST 2001

I just visited there too and no source seems to be available. What I think
you should consider doing is approaching the company via email and asking
them if they would like to have someone convert their game into an X useable
application. The worst thing that they could do is say "no!" or not answer
you.

If they're interested, then maybe you and a few mates could get a team
together and do it (I may be interested in such a task if needed at times).
If it involves replacing a lot of strings, take it from me as a KDE
translator, it's not too bad, provided that you have some music (I recommend
Massive Attack for this sort of thing)!

If you do get the "gig" as it were, then it'd look very impressive on a
resume. Before you approach them though, have a well thought out letter with
some advantages of a Linux crowd and X gaming.

seeya then! :)
anarchist tomato