[plug] staroffice 6.0 beta local mirror

Andrew Francis locust at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 24 13:27:09 WST 2001

On 24 Oct 2001, William Kenworthy wrote:

> Does anyone know of a local mirror of the staroffice 6.0 beta for
> linux?  Preferably on the university network?

There isn't one :(

The Staroffice license states you can't redistribute outside of your
organisation, anyway.. so a non-official mirror's out of the question
anyway (well, UWA would be allowed to offer a mirror accessible from UWA
only, for instance, but they wouldn't be allowed to offer that mirror to
anyone outside of UWA).

Getting stuff from Sun is a major PITA.. you need to jump through form
submission hoops, have all your referrers right, no mirrors allowed *Grr*

My usual routine is to grab the stuff using links/lynx on a machine with a
fast link in increments, then take it home from there..

--
Andrew Francis
locust at iinet.net.au