[plug] staroffice 6.0 beta local mirror

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Wed Oct 24 15:01:04 WST 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:27:09PM +0800, Andrew Francis wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2001, William Kenworthy wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a local mirror of the staroffice 6.0 beta for
> > linux?  Preferably on the university network?
>
> There isn't one :(
>
> The Staroffice license states you can't redistribute outside of your
> organisation, anyway..

It does??

> so a non-official mirror's out of the question anyway (well, UWA would be
> allowed to offer a mirror accessible from UWA only, for instance, but
> they wouldn't be allowed to offer that mirror to anyone outside of UWA).

I suspect either you may be misunderstanding something or... well, someone
else is... :)

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/staroffice/6.0beta

Admittedly not local, but unless a local mirror decides to volunteer
themselves, probably the best available.

> Andrew Francis

It would seem _very_ strange that Sun would be putting artificial
distribution restrictions such as you suggest in the license, though.

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies, Statistics,
Benchmarks, and Delivery dates.