[plug] X freezes,

Simon Scott Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Fri Oct 26 10:58:14 WST 2001

	if you can login from another machine, just run top and see whats
causing all the fuss.

	From:	Rob Dunne <robd at anville.wa.cmis.CSIRO.AU> on 26/10/2001
10:47 AM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	[plug] X freezes,

	Hi guys,
	          I hav just upgraded a machine to RH 7.1 and I find that
	the machine freezes after a few hours
	X grows to 99% of CPU and the keyboard wont respond - so I cant
switch
	to a console. All I can see is the screensaver!
	There is a XFree86.0.log but it looks OK (as though I would know)
	I can log in from another machine or reboot.

	My question is -- how can
	I find more information about what is going wrong?

					      rob

	--
	 Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 8 9333 6121     Tel: +61 8 9333 6178
	 CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
	 http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Robert.Dunne at cmis.csiro.au

	        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com