[plug] National (well, State) PLUG logo candidates v0.02

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Oct 27 21:46:05 WST 2001

I've jammed a Tux face onto the WA flag (how many of you knew that we had
one?) and an Oz map. The flag looks OK but not many people would recognise
it. Many would recognise the map, but it doesn't look as Linux.

PNGs (w/ thumbnails) plus XCFs at http://plug.linux.org.au/~leonb/

For those not on the Conf list, LCA 2003 will need a genuine PLUG logo,
starting Real Soon Now, and possilbly even a conference logo. I personally
would like to see tux piloting a black swan, but have nil artistic talent, so
threw these together to provoke comment and cogitation.

Another idea I like (but have not the talent for) is to have Tux riding a
three-pin power plug (and maybe cord) as a rocket (flames for the prongs). It
would be fairly easy to drop a tiny Aus map under it and have the flames
originate at/point to Perth.

Is there anyone here who can draw, even in an uninspired fashion?

Cheers; Leon