[plug]: weird box behavior

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Oct 29 12:31:22 WST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:21:54PM +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
> 	The KT133 chipset is notoriously bad, I think the max you can push
> the FSB to safely is 114Mhz, but when I had one it was in a desktop machine
> so it never ran for more than a day before being shutdown.

You should say notoriously bad at running OVER spec. It was designed for FSB
operation at 100mhz max. Any higher than that was just luck. The KT133A is
designed for 133mhz although I'm sure it too can be overclocked to some
degree.

> 	KNowing how bad my KT133 chipset was, Id swap the motherboard out
> before doing anything else. YMMV.

He said he wasn't overclocking which I assume includes the FSB as well as the
CPU.

Later,

Jason Nicholls