[plug] Corel Linux Boot Floppy

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Sep 3 14:56:43 WST 2001

Clinton,

Do you have a Linux system available to you?
If so, use dd or cat to write the floppy:

dd if=/cdrom/wherever/boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1k
or
cat /cdrom/wherever/boot.img > /dev/fd0

If not, download tomsrtbt -- http://www.toms.net/rb/home.html
Make a Tomsrtbt disk
Boot the machine using Toms
Mount the CD
Copy the boot image from the CD to the Tomsrtbt filesystem eg.
cp /mnt/cdrom/wherever/boot.img /
Take the Toms disk out of the floppy, replace it with a blank floppy
Then dump the image to floppy as above using dd or cat.

HTH
Steve