[plug] startx...

Christian Müller mullerc at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 3 21:12:40 WST 2001

use 'X' (an upper case X, that should do it), or start kdm or gdm with the
init scripts. On debian this can be done with `/etc/init.d/gdm start` or
kdm start.

At 15:53 02/09/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>It seems after upgrading some packages from the online mirror that startx
>has dissappeared, any ideas what package has this or why it wont run when
>i type startx (as root)

that again depends on your distribution. In my struggle with X over the
last week I have learnt quite a bit about apt. Again if you run debian,
just type 'apt-cache search startx'  that should tell you which package
startx belongs to.

Christian