[plug] startx...

Trent Lloyd trentlloyd at iprimus.com.au
Sun Sep 2 16:22:15 WST 2001

 > use 'X' (an upper case X, that should do it), or start kdm or gdm with
the init scripts. On debian > this can be done with `/etc/init.d/gdm start`
or kdm start.

thanx, i never needed the upper X but ill try it and i hate xdm lol but as
long as it doesnt run as a service on startup i guess ill live ;)

 > Again if you run debian, just type 'apt-cache search startx'  that
should tell you
 > which package startx belongs to.
thanks, yeh debian rox, apt rox! :p

maybe i just need to reformat my installation nothing special on there
anyway hehe, its just the box i did at the installfest i cant reformat so
when i get problems with that i need to try real hard not to goof it up
completely, but then again linux is hard to goof up completely - even rm
-rf / can be recovered from so hehe :)

Lathiat

My projects and associations -
   http://www.irc-desk.net/ - Your IRC Resource for mIRC, Eggdrop and more...