[plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Sep 4 12:16:24 WST 2001

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
>

> > Here we go again; but this is simple.
> >
> > >From my understanding, the timestamps in message headers are just ASCII text
> > strings, so as to be receiving OS platform independent, and, therefore, if kmail
> > 1.0.29 is used to receive emails, it should not stuff up the incoming message
> > timestamps, when the gigasecond bug takes effect. Is that correct?
>
> I beleive that you will see issues.  the easiest way to test it is:
>
> in ~/.procmail add
> :0 c
> backup

I have just tried to do a cat on ~/.procmail, both as me, and as root.

I get "No such file or directory".

I have not used procmail before.

If I create the file, with just those two lines in it, would that be okay (as
in, would that alone work, and without impacting on anything else, other than
making the backup)?

Bret Busby