[plug] startx...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 4 12:40:18 WST 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> > BTW, gnome seems to totally ignore my .xinitrc - where should I put

> exec gnome-session
> that I just run startx.

Thanks Tony. Thats probably the best way for me.

I think I should have been looking at kdm rather than "gnome" to read the
.xinitrc commands. The problem sees to be that I wasnt really clear what
gnome is. Time to do some more reading.

> This is debian but it works equally well (except for the /etc/alternatives
> stuff) under RedHat.  So I'd expect Mandrake would be fine.

Mandrake has /etc/alternatives, whatever that is. More reading for me.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--