[plug] Netgear FA311 Module

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Tue Sep 4 12:42:18 WST 2001

Here we go again ...

I've downloaded all the driver sources available for the Netgear FA311 NIC.

Some of them compile, some of them don't (after screwing around a lot trying
to (fistly) find and (finally) make a modversions.h).

None of them work when installed.  All have unresolved symbols (bags of
them).

A depmod after installing the modules gives the same error (unresolved
symbol in fa311).

The FA310's happily use the tulip driver but the FA311 doesn't.  I read
somewhere that they can use the rtl8139 driver, but this seems to be wrong
too.

I'm running Debian potato (2.2.18pre21)

Can someone point me to something that would be useful from here? I'll post
more info if required, but I don't know what could be useful.

- Brian.